Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

teach me how to love

today I was reminded of how Jesus entered our world
through the most humblest of ways, Jesus came from nothing.  
He did not make some grand entrance proclaiming His power
He came to this earth in such a way that people could not dare say to Him, "you don't understand."
He was birthed by a nobody, in the middle of nowhere, with few people knowing of His birth. He lived His life under constant ridicule and betrayal, yet sinless, and His life on earth ended in one of the most cruel deaths, with everyone around Him treating Him like garbage.
All so that God could say in return, "Child, I do understand you, i've experienced it too."

I realized this today and found myself caught in a situation where I just didn't know what the hell to do. I didn't know how to handle what was going on in my life and didn't have a solution
When I thought about what christ endured throughout his lifetime, my frustrated question of, "God you don't understand, why is this happening to me?", quickly changed to, "God, what did you do in situations like this?"

Although I haven't figured out all the answers, I figured out the source to turn to for them.
I've simply asked Jesus to teach me. Teach me His ways, teach me how He had tons of people flock to Him and as a result walk away changed.
I've asked Jesus to teach me how to love.
I've experienced firsthand that I am an inadequate, flawed, and lost lover. I need to learn from the one who IS love how to love. 
So that is a journey I am embarking on, to learn how to love. Not only others, but myself as well. 

Show me how to love without ceasing and circumstance, so that people might come to know you through me

No comments:

Post a Comment