Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

why do i write?

I write to make sense of the thoughts bouncing around in my head.
 I write to feel connected to what I am feeling and put it to words.
 I write when I do not know what to do with hard life situations.
 I write to connect with my creator God. 
I write to hopefully make an idea that others can relate to.
 I write to inspire and put words to a feeling that people might share with me. 
I write because it releases built up anger, passion, sadness, emptiness, boredom, joy, and fear. 
I write to be understood and to understand myself.
 I write to break down my walls.
 I write to improve myself and to challenge myself. 
I write to express myself artistically. 
I write to make sense of the world and my reason for being in it.
 I write to avoid feeling trapped or alone.
 I write to escape my world for a moment and reflect on it.
 I write when I feel bare.
 I write when I feel full of life. 
 I write when I have no words and no desire to speak to anyone.
 I write when I have too many words left unsaid.
 I write to isolate myself and I write to comfort myself. 
I write to create something, anything. 
I write as someone who is walking aimlessly, trying to figure out where they are going, where they find themselves in the present moment, and what soil they find their feet planted upon.


“ I write to tie my heart back together” - Karen Sorensen-Lang 

No comments:

Post a Comment